Thursday, January 17, 2008

Time Machine, by H.g Wells.

I have only gotten around page 9, but my impression of the book is good so far. What impressed me in the beginning was dicton... Words that you need a dictionary to know. And the conversation thats opened with the book is very intelectual. It was being explained that time was a 4rth demension upon a three demensional figure, which I found a little disturbing when considering to try and find it myself. Its something I wouldnt have the patience for, but the main scientist spoke of it as if he was still looking for it. He seems like the perfect guy to get stuck in an extremly dangerous time zone. Yet seems smart enough to go to a safe time zone. The epilougue at first lead me to think that the time machine was bad idea, and I think that the big message at the end of the book will be to not create a time machine...
In terms of the genre, this book seems to be a good science fiction piece so far, but it's very much so more scientifical, than fictional. And the fact that Wells had the type of imagination that can come up with a 4rth demension on a 3D figure, and its the time demension. I dont really think its possibal to determine... Yeah, a 2D figure has a findable 3rd demension(follow me), but it has more than one... And theres no way youll find more than one 4rth demension, if you even find any. Therefore Wells thoery is mathamatically incorrect. However the genre of science fiction shall make you think past your bottom. That should be a characteristic of science fiction.
When I finish reading this book Ill probably be smarter. All the scientific properties can jumble your brain if you dont think about it. And the more people think, the smarter they become. I'm not sure what Ill think about, but I sure hope its interesting. With the impression that the book left on me, I think it will be interesting. Log off

No comments: