Friday, December 14, 2007

perks of being a wallflower, by stephen Chbosky

Throughout I have learned many identities in this book. But what I want to know is WHY? The author says he wants his identity protected by the code names used... But it seems obvious that Stephen is the main character telling the story; However the man wants himself to stay unknown by every reader, so why should his ID smack you in the face so conclusively. If I could ask Chbosky any questions, they'ed all be about identities around the main player, because with that info I could tell if the authors the main character writting the letters, or just a bystander mentioned in only one letter. Tony F

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

Tony, I'm reading your responses backward (5, then 4, then 3, etc.) but I can't help but notice how stuck you are on this question of identity. Move on. There's so much more to write about in this book. Write about the role of music. The role of books. The role of drugs. The role of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. The coming of age maturation. The encounter between Charley and his friend. There's so much there. Read it.