Friday, April 18, 2008

introduction.

Music is a vital part of my everyday life. I listen to it where ever i go and whenever i can.
It helps me when i'm in a bad mood or when i'm in an extremely good mood or when i'm just mellowed out. There's a song for basically any type of situation or mood that you are in. This is why I descided to find out how the muscians that make the music effect us as human beings and our society as a whole. I mean if i listen to music on a regular basis I should atleast know what kind of effects it's having on me. Right?
I already know that I like music and basically need it to survive, but what i dont know is if
the music that i listen to and the musicians that make it are a good influence on me or anyone else for that matter. I know that certain songs can turn my bad mood around and make me more hyper and energetic and that other songs can make me reminess and put me in some what of a bad mood but is this a good or a bad thing?? Should our emotions be effected by the music we listen to? Then again any situation we are in or anything we expierence can effect our mood and influence our descions.
That said, the essential question that i have chosen is "Does music and the actions of the musicians who make it have any influence on the choices that our society makes ??"

- rachel hanson

No comments: