Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Final Reflection- What can we do about political corruption?

After doing research on my topic, I am emotionally and physically tired of this project. It has been one of my hardest pieces of work, if not the hardest. But even though I couldnt find the answer to my question, I found interesting information that could help me understand why I couldnt find a answer. Political corruption is well known in any city, state, country or nation. it has increased over the years especially here in the US. From watergate, poll recalls, governor screw ups to adultry in the white house. No matter what the political power is or level of arnarchy their will most likey always be a corrupt situation.

After searching for weeks, I havent quite been as successful as one should. Considering the amount of time I had to do this project;it was extremely hard. My essential question was successfull at slowing me down and almost causing me to just completley give up. But as a real english honors student would, I kept goin and continued my quest to my essential answer. Though it was a flop (lol) I still found out some things that I never knew before. like consequences, definitions and reasons for such behavior. During my search I found out that political corruption actually does have punishments but if so why does it still exist? Because the consequences arent harsh enough, their needs to needs to be more force and fear in th government system. At the moment it is a joke, politicians

2 comments:

lil miss britt said...

police corruption is a big problem in our society today it's one of the biggest problems african americans face these days it also affedts soom teenage females and young adults

Ekon 235 said...

the consequences of political corruption, yo say, isn't harsh enough. I disagree.

you see, punitive measures any harsher than as it is would, in the most extreme, grossly conflict and contradict the ideals of democracy and democratic-based states.
Human rights and due processes, as envisioned and enshrined in governmental frameworks of dem. systems around the world, like that of the US Constitution, is an unconditional grant to ALL, and as such, will be at the forefront of any attempt to impede those rights.

Not all corruptions are for personal and selfish gains. Some are a result of politics in mere action , in its truest form. These types that you may define as corruption may prove themselves unavoidable to any would-be or striving politician.

I think the best way to get a handle on such manipulation of power would be to approach it from a receptive point of view.

Understand the prblem at hand and offer impartial and non-retribution-oriented solutions.

In this case, it'd be to take away those incentives that attract politicians to corruption.